Chloe Kaye

Chloe Kaye
2/18/07 to 6/4/08

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Books and other stuff


So I haven't found any books on dealing with Emrie's situation, but I did find one on dealing with the loss of a child. I know that some people here have lost their lil loved one, so maybe this book will help.. It's called Comfort: A Journey Through Grief. It's really a great read, it's by an author who lost her five year old unexpectedly. I also found a book called Momm, Please Don't Cry, There are No Tears in Heaven By Linda Deymaz. Both are very comforting to me. I promise one day I'm going to write my own book of our story.

I haven't talked very much about my other two children and I feel bad. I have an 8 year old who is so beautiful on the outside, and so intelligent on the inside. She tries to be the strong one, and not cry for Chloe or her brother. She remembers good times with Chloe, as do I.

My five year old was at the scene of the accident. She was said to have been standing on the curb asking for help for me, as I was screaming for it. She told my parents she tried to free me by pulling my arm out, but she couldn't help anymore. When Chloe was laid on the grass after they pulled her from under the car, my five year old, Ashlee, said she pulled up her shirt to help her breathe and then Chloe went to sleep. I'll always let her think that. I'm never going to tell her she died right then and there. So, Ash has a much harder time seeing pictures of Chloe, and sometimes even visiting Emrie. I'm almost sure she doesn't want to become attached to Emrie because she's scared of losing her.

No comments: