Chloe Kaye

Chloe Kaye
2/18/07 to 6/4/08

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Forgot something

Our daughter that died that fateful day was a twin. When her twin brother was ten days old he died of trauma from birth. So within fifteen months we lost two babies. Both are in our hearts and souls forever.

With that being said, I still have a beautiful 8 year old, 5 year old, and a baby that is 2 1/2 months old still living in the NICU.

Our baby is fighting, truly. The Dr's have said this over and over to me... "she's a fighter" or "she's a miracle." I was told two days ago that upon her delivery they didn't think she was alive... it was a moment of silence as she was pulled out of me via c section, and then... she came out screaming. I believe she is here to stay with us, but there is also a part of me that doesn't want another child ripped away from me, and I'm scared to death of losing another one.

Anyway, Emrie, our baby, has developed NEC which is a feeding disorder that causes the intestines to either close down or almost close down to where she cannot pass anything through. It has been a roller coaster ride with her... one I want off of. She has gone through not breathing, heart rate drops, and now she will need surgery. Unfortunately I have to wait until Monday to find out when her surgery will be. The Dr's have set up one huge meeting to discuss everything from birth to what's going to have to happen in the future. This meeting scares me to death. I'm scared of what I will hear...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and your family for your losses. I hope you are able to find strength and support in sharing your story. It's a very brave thing to do.

Dee said...

I believe your story will be an inspiration and comfort to others who may be going through similar losses and trials.