Chloe Kaye

Chloe Kaye
2/18/07 to 6/4/08

Friday, July 25, 2008

Every night...

Every night I relive the same day over and over... the day of the accident.

I often think how I could have saved Chloe, how I could have prevented the accident, and many others.

The reality is that she is gone, I am here, and Emrie was born early. I do not remember much of what went on that day after I was found under the car. I don't know where Chloe ended up under the car, or how she got there, because she was in my arms. The neighbor has said he pulled out from the other side of the car. I want to ask everyone details, but everyone cries when I ask them.

I am fortunate to live accross the street from the fire cheif, so all the firemen who were there, know my family. Behind me lives the paramedic that was on the scene with me. Her partner worked on Chloe.

One of the firemen who worked on Chloe kept yelling out his own daughters name. Chloe looks like his baby, and that was all that was on his mind as he tried to save her. After the accident he had to recieve counseling. He said every time he closed his eyes he could see her closing her eyes for the last time.

When I arrived home from the hospital with a skull fracture, to VERY sprained ankles with ligament damage, and bruised from head to toe... I saw a mini shrine put up by firemen, neighbors, people that didn't even know us. There were flowers, stuffed animals, new clothes for Emrie, diapers, cards, etc.

As I've always said, Chloe touched everyone she ever saw... even in her last minutes.

No comments: