Chloe Kaye

Chloe Kaye
2/18/07 to 6/4/08

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surgery and other ramblings

We found out that Emrie's surgery will be sometime in the first week of August. Although I have searched and searched I cannot find something that will tell me exactly what her surgery will be like. Let me stop. I know what the surgery entails, etc. I'm actually looking for answers that no one can give me until they are actually operating on her. I want to know if she has any dead bowel, if she will be wearing a bag afterword, when she will come home, etc. The Dr asked us yesterday if we had anymore questions, and all I can say is "yes, but even you can't answer them."

I've run into something odd, too. It's my child in the NICU, so why can't I read her complete charts? Instead they give me a six page summary, compared to her 300 page chart.

One more question... does anyone know how I can get the word out on this blog? I would love to help more people in need and in some sort of the same situation.

4 comments:

Dee said...

My husband had surgery in 2004. I will never forget what the surgeon told us before the surgery. "I don't know what your beliefs are but I can tell you, once I'm done and it's all dark in there healing takes place that isn't from me"

That was such a comfort and it reminded me that God is the ultimate healer. He can do things no man can even touch.

Dee said...

I'm not sure about getting news out about your blog but I frequent a forum and a woman there had a baby born with severe problems. They wanted to get the word out and asked everyone for help. Many people wrote about it and put links on their MySpace pages, I wrote about it on my blog and I still get people find me by doing searches for the baby's name.

I also have a friend who lost her baby when she was 5 months pregnant. I think her willingness to talk about it has resulted in strangers coming up to her and asking to talk. They've just gone through the same thing and need to talk. She's also gotten calls from the hospital to talk to patients who needs comfort.

God has given her strength and is using her loss to be of comfort and help others.

Anonymous said...

I really think it's a great thing you are doing by being so open about your struggles. I'm still learning the blog world myself, but I linked you to my site...hopefully that will help some.

Search for blogs dealing with loss and try to link up with them.

AudreyO said...

I hope the surgery went well. To get the word out start writing articles and put a link in the bio of your articles leading people to your blog. Article marketing is huge.